Judi L. Calhoun, Circuit Court No. 1 (Effective 1/1/2023)
Judi L. Calhoun was elected to Delaware Circuit Court #1 in November 2022. Judge Calhoun is an east central Indiana native where she grew up on a farm. Judge Calhoun completed her undergraduate degree in Political Science at Purdue University in May 1991 and is a graduate of the Claude W. Pettit College of Law in December 1993.
Judge Calhoun was previously in private practice and an attorney with the Indiana Department of Child Services prior to being elected to the bench. Judge Calhoun served as a Delaware County Prosecutor for 18 years and was Delaware County’s first female Chief Deputy Prosecutor. Judge Calhoun is active in the Muncie Bar Association, Indiana Bar Association, and Special Olympics.
- Muncie Bar Association, President 2018
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Chair 2006-08
- Board of Governors 2008-10, 2019-20
- House of Delegates Chair 2020
- Indiana Bar Foundation
- Board Member 2006-2015, Chair 2014-15
- Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum 2006-2007
- Prevent Child Abuse Council Member, 2020 to present
- Delaware County Special Olympics, 2012 to present
- Delaware County Friends of Purdue, past President
- Purdue Club of Muncie, past President
Fun Fact – Judge Calhoun was once featured in an article in the National Enquirer. She was also a 10 year 4-H member in Randolph County.